Styrofoam ball – large and small
Black chenille stems
Wood word cutouts
Flat brush ¼”
Liner brush #1
Stencil brush 1/8”
Round brush #4
Glittered foam sheets – red/white/aqua and dark pink
5mm Wiggle eyes
- Referring to photo, paint larger Styrofoam balls (bodies) Black, Lilac Mist and Yellow. When dry, add Bright Red spouncer dots, paint Black stripes and a Cloudless heart.
- Press gently on tops of larger balls to create a flat area on bottom to sit without rolling.
- Paint remaining small balls (heads) Coral. When dry, paint Black and Lilac Mist caps as shown.
- Glue eyes and paint face details with Liner brush. Using a very dry stencil brush, add red cheeks.
- Create spouncer dots where arms and legs will be inserted.
- Cut chenille stems to desired lengths for arms, legs and antennae. Insert and secure with glue.
- Curl ends of arms around wood word cutouts.
- Cut heart shapes and collars out of glittered foam sheets. Glue to bodies as shown.
- Glue heads to bodies and your love bugs are ready to spread the love!